The Black River Academy Museum Board of Directors and Trustees would like to thank the following Corporate and Business Members for their 2019 contributions. With their assistance, we are working to continue the operation of this museum as a successful and viable contribution to our town. This imposing three-story historical building is located at 14 High Street, Ludlow.
The museum opens for the season on Saturday, June 1, 2019. Refreshments will be provided. All are welcome!
- Baystate Health – UMASS; Springfield, MA;
- Kathleen A. Mahoney, MD –Ludlow, VT
- Matthew Birmingham, Esquire; Ludlow, VT
- Black River Mechanical Services; Belmont, VT
- Book Nook; Ludlow, VT
- Brewfest Beverage Co.; Ludlow, VT
- Garvey & Garvey, Inc.; Ludlow, VT
- Homestyle Hostel; Ludlow, VT
- Ludlow Area Rotary Charitable Fund, Inc.; Ludlow, VT
- Mary Davis Realtor; Ludlow, VT
- Precision International; Brookhaven, NY
- Michael J. Skinner Consulting; Haddonfield, NJ
- Ted Stryhaus Builders, Inc.; Ludlow, VT
- Wright Construction; Mt. Holly, VT
Do you know of anyone in Ludlow or the surrounding towns who worked in or is familiar with the woolen mill industry in Ludlow?
The Ludlow Elementary School sixth graders under the direction of their teacher, Heidi Baitz will be gathering oral histories of people who have been in that environment. If you have had that experience or know of someone who has, please contact Georgia Brehm at the Black River Academy Museum so you can make an appointment to talk about your experiences there. Georgia can be reached at 802-228-5050. Your information is invaluable to our community and we appreciate all of your help in gathering this history. Thank you in advance for your help.
“…part oral history, part nostalgia-tinged narrative, and part clear-eyed analysis of the multifaceted phenomena collectively referred to as the counterculture movement in Vermont.”
Join the Black River Academy Museum to discuss:
Going Up the Country: When the Hippies, Dreamers, Freaks, and Radicals Moved to Vermont
by Yvonne Daley
April 17 @ 5:00pm
All are welcome. Donations are appreciated.
Mention this program and receive 15% off this book at the Book Nook in Ludlow, VT